Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Old Homes of Bandra


I'm doing a series of watercolours on the old homes of Bandra. These gorgeous homes that I've been documenting in Bandra West, are testaments to our heritage. Stunning buildings that carry the nostalgia of our past, sometimes tucked away in little lanes.....they bring a bit of peace and humble respite to the monsters being built all around. What started with simple chronicles of the facades of these charming buildings, I was slowly invited to enjoy being inside some of these homes, and feel the soul of structures that are more than a hundred years old.

The watercolours will be exhibited at the upcoming ART ST4CK, on Saturday, May 14th.

7 comments:

vivek sheth said...

Hi Prashant,

A friend posted a link to this article of yours looking at my interest in Bandra and its heritage. I am so glad that she did this..
I love the work its great and i hope to see more of this.
It would be also great if you spare some time and have a look at my blog and the project i did on Ranwar,
here's the link: http://bandraforyou.blogspot.com/

Please leave your feedback and do lemme know anything that you would want to share. you can also email me at viveksheth87@gmail.com

regards,
Vivek

Siddhartha Joshi said...

These are so good...and you were lucky to get inside some of these :) Been seeing these on my Mumbai visits and always felt like going in and talking to the people...hear their stories about the homes...

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful prash :)when are you moving to mumbai for good ;)love, gunjan

Kalyan Karmakar said...

Came here from Slogan Murugan's Fb page. lovely sketches. I feel so lucky to live there. You captured bandra beautifully

Anonymous said...

Hi! Recognized some of these houses from your paintings! Are they exibited anywhere? Would love to see them in person.
Pooja
pl@india.com

gitanjali said...

Hi Prashant,

Your work is simply stunning. I would love to see the entire series of the ' old homes of bandra ' and also your work. Where can I see it ?

Thanks,

Gitanjali

Rylan said...

Those are beautiful. I did a Google search for Bandra Old Photos and saw your paintings. - Rylan